Field Marketing Manager- SeattleApply Now
TITLE: FIELD MARKETING MANAGER SEATTLE
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT/GENERAL MANAGER and DIRECTOR CUSTOMER AND FIELD MARKETING
LOCATION: SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
The Field Marketing Manager is the primary contact between the Jägermeister Brand Marketing team and the field. This role is responsible for translating the national Jägermeister national brand marketing plan to the local region leadership team and distributor partners, and providing feedback and recommendations back to the Brand Team on local market needs/nuances.
This role leads the development, localization, implementation and evaluation of local brand activation programs and plans to maximize growth, while ensuring that local plans are consistent with national brand strategy. Specific responsibilities include: local marketing planning and execution for select markets; collaborating with corporate brand marketing, local field sales teams (i.e., VP/GMs, and Sales Directors, and their teams), and distributor partners, to drive flawless brand execution; creating innovative promotions & events for select markets; training and educating key customers, distributors, and new employees on Jägermeister brand plans; and conducting post program evaluation and offering proactive solutions/gap closures to market and distributor leadership.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Local Marketing Planning
- Develops and executes local brand marketing plans for identified markets in his/her region that are in alignment with national brand strategy.
- Proactively partners with the region VP/GM and Sales Directors to identify local brand building opportunities and ensure value creating and innovative marketing programs.
- Partners with region VP/GM and Sales Directors to provide input into local resource allocation decisions and manages communication flow (HQ to Region) of Local Program Funds.
- Over time, this role will utilize local market insight data and understanding to ensure effective local consumer activation.
Collaboration & Communication
- Serves as liaison between brand marketing and field sales; communicates and shares field marketing insights back with national brand marketing team.
- Shares national and local brand plans with the Region’s field salesforce and communicates plans and local execution opportunities to distributors.
- Develops and presents national and local brand plan strategy content to distributors at Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Develops and shares best practices with peer Field Marketing Managers in other Regions to develop SFIC’s Field Marketing capability and standardize practices.
Promotions, Events & Activation
- Responsible for identifying, creating, planning, and executing relevant key events and opportunities in select local market that are reflective of Jägermeister and deliver an authentic brand message to the consumer.
- Supervises Point of Sale development for local markets.
- Activates potential strategic relationships with local 3rd party brand ambassadors (e.g., athletes, musicians, etc.).
- Over time, this role will identify relevant scenes for the market that are applicable to the Jägermeister brand and business objectives. Prioritize those with the most potential to engage our target audience and broaden our reach (longer term application).
Brand Training & Education
- Champions brand building by providing brand expertise and conducts tastings and brand education training to new field employees, as well as key accounts and distributor partners.
- Acts as Jägermeister brand steward to ensure brand iconography is within standard and legal compliance.
Analysis & Administration
- Evaluates execution against brand plans and communicates to Brand Team, VP/GMs and Sales Directors, and distributors; partners with these individuals to identify and recommend gap closures as necessary.
- Tracks local marketing budgets to ensure efficient and effective investment in local programs are aligned with business plans, and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Completes monthly market reports and calendars in a timely fashion; completes biweekly expense reports.
Longer term focus on Media & Public Relations
- Manage the development and implementation of local market media strategies for select markets.
- Work with media agencies in the planning and buying of local media for select markets.
- Creativity: Demonstrates innovative and creative approaches for formulating marketing strategies and execution plans against them.
- Organization & Planning: Possesses strong organization and planning skills, i.e., developing plans, allocating resources, and tracking against plan.
- Collaboration/Communication: Demonstrates strong ability and willingness to work in a collaborative environment across multiple stakeholders (e.g., HQ, Field, & Distributors), and effectively influences and provides appropriate push back as needed.
- Action-Oriented: Thrives in fast paced environments where one must manage and execute against multiple projects and deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College Degree required (MBA a plus), with 3-5 years of experience in Marketing and Sales, preferably in the spirits and/or beverage industry; exposure to sales and distributor preferred
- Experience using a broad range of marketing tools including budgeting, business analysis, advertising, promotion, merchandising, direct marketing, electronic marketing, market research and analysis
- Strong presentation skills (both one-on-one and in large group settings)
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and industry guidelines governing your activities. Knowledge of Distilled Spirits Counsel of the U.S. (“DISCUS”) Code of Responsible Practices, National Alcohol Beverage Control Association (“NABCA”), and beverage alcohol laws and regulations a plus
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers.
- Must have excellent skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must be knowledgeable with various forms of Social Media
- Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise
- Approximately 35-50% travel required
Latest Press Releases
- JÄGERMEISTER POURS ITS ENDURING SPIRIT INTO NEW BOTTLE DESIGN
- JÄGERMEISTER POURS ITS ENDURING SPIRIT INTO NEW BOTTLE DESIGN
- A TOAST TO TINY: JÄGERMEISTER UNBOTTLES ONE-OF-A-KIND 20ml ‘MINI MEISTER’
- CASABLANCA RECORDS & JÄGERMEISTER STRIKE ALLIANCE OF NOTE WITH STRATEGIC MARKETING PARTNERSHIP
- Assistant Brand Manager
- Finance Manager, Process & Controls
- Trend and Scene Manager- Austin
- Field Marketing Manager- Tampa